Monday, February 4, 2013

1.2 Reflection Personal Learning Goals


My response to the self-assessment indicated a minimum experience learning from online courses, which now I believe to be more effective in terms of interactions within the subject. The last time I took an online course was about five or six years ago. The technology use back then was not as interactive and powerful as it is today, for example in the first synchronous webinar we had the opportunity to interact with the instructor by typing our questions on an accessible tab in the screen's program. I was able to see the current attendance and the number of instructors providing the lesson as well as their names. I had the opportunity to post my questions right when I needed more explanation. In the previous years  I believe there were no webinars available for students to participate and interact with the presenter. In the past four months I started viewing and learning from several online sources, many of those were recorded webinars  and recorded screen casts . I believe I have learned quit a bit just by listening and watching to those lessons. I believe this is the future in  secondary education. Students will be able to take intervention online courses where they will be able to interact with their peers, The fact that most of us are visual learners we will be able to learn at a faster rate. I see myself teaching online mathematics courses as well as providing professional development for my colleagues in the near future.  I have been motivated to teach online courses by using some of the new web 2.0 tools that are available for teachers and students. I am hoping to learn how to manage students’ accounts using a Learning Management System such as Haiku or Moodle at its fullest extent. I also want to learn to conduct or teach synchronous webinars.

No comments:

Post a Comment