Saturday, February 9, 2013

2.2 Methodologies of the Online Instructor



The school year had already stared back in 2011, when I was hired as a Media and Technology teacher at Burbank Middle School; so far it has been a good and positive change from my career as a Mathematics teacher. The first months as a Media teacher. I had to focus on classroom management and learning editing programs like Photo Shop to teach to my students.

This present year I am teaching three different grade levels and I am teaching different computer programs. It has been a little challenging   trying to teach so many things in so little time. Now that I been learning more and more about Blended and Online courses, I have been spending many hours learning many new tools that are available over the Internet.
In the next school year I am planning on changing or getting better to organize all of my resources in a more effective way. There are times that I spend or waste time on re-organizing my teaching resources.

I was not aware that LAUSD is already offering online courses at a high school level, as I was browsing about it. I learned about the different courses that they have been taught over the Internet. LAUSD is offering intervention courses, in different subjects as well as advance courses in Mathematics such as Calculus. Those courses are at high school level.
I wonder if LAUSD is planning on extending their online courses to the middle school students.
Another area of improvement to better support my students in an online environment, it will be to learn to use all of the features of a learning management system and the use of the proper technological resources available to facilitate students’ success.
I personally want to learn the technical aspect of the online environment; I would like to learn to fix the technical problems that might arise while teaching an online course.

No comments:

Post a Comment